Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Hoopla Stitching Collection & More


What a fun post I have for you today! Papertrey Ink is finishing up its April release countdown with The Hoopla Stitching Collection. Erin Lincoln is the mastermind behind this collection (and all of Papertrey's stitching dies), and it is brilliant. She has elevated embroidery hoop art to a whole new level! In addition, Erin has a number of new stitched images this month -- sun, clouds, rainbow, cupcake, and alphabets -- which work with Hoopla and many other stitching projects.

Today's products, along with the rest of the April release, will be available at 10 pm EST on April 15.


I have created a piece of embroidery hoop art using a 6-inch embroidery hoop to make the felt circle background, I used Stitched Circles (Smokey Shadow), Hoopla: Stitched Circle Bases (Simply Chartreuse), and Hoopla: Stitched Scallops dies (Raspberry Fizz). The sentiment was cut with the Tiny Stitched Alphabet dies and stitched. How sweet are those tiny letters?!

To the gray circle, I added a darling Stitched Bicycle (I could stitch these all day -- so cute!)


Because it fit my theme SO perfectly, I added a paper tag die-cut with one of the dies from the Make It Market Mini Kit: Holday Pin-Ups collection and stamped with Petite Places: Happy Camper.


In between the Smokey Shadow circle and the Raspberry Fizz scallops, I added some True Black baker's twine. If you look closely, you can see that I stitched it in place by looping regular thread over the twine. The green polka dot part is some fabric I had on hand. 


Stamps: Petite Places: Happy Camper

DiesStitched Circles, Hoopla: Stitched Circle Bases, Hoopla: Stitched Circle Scallops, Tiny Stitched Alphabet, Stitched Bicycle

Ink: Raspberry Fizz

Paper: white card stock

Other: 6" wood embroidery hoop, Papertrey felt, embroidery floss, Papertrey buttons, True Black baker's twine, fabric



i can't wait to see what the other girls made! To see more, visit the Papertrey team:




9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Amy! I got the bike stitching dies last month, but haven't done anything with them yet. I need to get some embroidery floss to coordinate with my PTI felt....

~amy~ said...

Amy, this is amazing!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

What an adorable scene you 'embroidered' inside your hoop Amy!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL AMY! I LOVE the surprise of the polka dot material as the backer & that bicycle die is SO FUN!!!!!SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!

Julia L. said...

I just love your project! So fun!

Sandy M said...

I am loving your bicycle. So pretty. Every item you sewed into the hoop is perfect.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

Holy Alcapurria (Puerto Rican YUMMY fritter)! That hoop is GORGEOUS and ADORABLE!
Just when I thought I would not break the bank, go figure!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous!

Beth Norman said...

Amy, I'm a long, long time subscriber because of your talent. Your work is always so professional. I had to speak out on this adorable project. I love it so very much. Thanks for the inspiration.